Ingrid Bergman, wearing Dali’s choker in Spellbound (1945, dir. Alfred Hitchcock)
- Do not forget Michael Brown
- Do not forget how the media dehumanized him and tried to justify his murder
- Do not forget how peaceful protests were painted as savage riots
- Do not forget police armed with military grade weapons terrorized and arrested black civilians
- Do not forget Darren Wilson being awarded over $200,000 in fundraiser donations for murdering an unarmed black child
- Do not forget that this system was not built to defend us, but to control us
- Do not forget Ferguson
test burn of the first 354 day candle prototype! 🌒
my bae ridin with my effigy
Take 50% off all Emily Books and even subscriptions for the rest of the day (8/29) with code DOG DAYS at checkout. To celebrate the end of this long, weird summer, we created this crazy discount! Now is your chance to snag books like DAYS OF ABANDONMENT, PLAYING THE WHORE, SCARECRONE, HOW TO GET INTO THE TWIN PALMS, THE BUDDHIST, INFERNO, MAIDENHEAD, MY MISSPENT YOUTH, KING KONG THEORY and more for half price!
hecka deal here!
"Justice Ginsburg … sees her interests as ‘being herself,’ preserving her ‘dignity,’ and promoting her ‘independence.’"
Memorandum from Ron Klain for David Gergen, Justice Ginsburg: Performance Pitfalls (July 14, 1993).
(thanks for the submission, pleaseletthisurlbeavailable!)